Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Happy, Happy Birthday Baby!





Somebody turned ONE today!!



Hey! Where's my birthday cake?!


Sneaking some frosting! YUMMY!



We bought a Betty Crocker Chocolate cake mix from the American Store for Kruz's birthday. The mix calls for 3 eggs, 1 and a third cup of water and a stick of butter. Simple right? Wrong. The eggs are easy, the water - easy, I have my own teaspoon and measuring cup set. The problem is the butter. Europeans use the metric system. You know - grams, kilo's, liters, etc. No sticks of butter here. They sell butter by the block. Usually 500 grams. Kelley and I spent an extraordinary amount of time taking a block of butter and measuring out as close to 113.398 grams as possible. Then, of course, it had to be softened so into the microwave it went. And stayed. Until well after the cake was cooled, frosted and decorated. And I spent all that extra money buying a mix from the American store. Grrr!


Kelley says to not worry about it but I say the kitchen is one of the areas I can pride myself in. He said to compare it to him missing a free throw. I say "UNACCEPTABLE!" I hate when he misses free throws! No excuse! Not for missing a free throw and not for forgetting the butter!

Darn Butter!

1 comment:

the Eggernest said...

I must admit I completely agree with that logic! I will also admit (in case it makes you feel better)... I've done worse things in the kitchen... I hope the cake turned out, he looks pretty happy! HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRUZ!