Friday, March 27, 2009

Kori finds a snake


Kori's started digging in the dirt here recently. She's such a girly tom-boy. She wants to play in the dirt but then she makes cookies with the mud.....seems like a contradiction to me. Anyway, with the rain we've had the last few days the ground is nice and soft and perfect for digging.
Yesterday, Kruz came inside half panicked because Kori found a snake. Come see! Come see! Hurry!

(don't miss the "snake" on Ky's hands)


I tried every bribe I could think of to get Kruz to hold it but nothing worked.
This shot took about thirty tries because Kruz didn't trust Kyran to keep it away from him.


Kori ached to keep her new friend but I told her no. I explained that it would die because we didn't have the necessary things to make it a happy home. She would need to be satisfied just knowing that somewhere in her yard he was still out there and very happy that she'd granted his freedom. She was so heartsick that she took her supper on a plastic plate and ate outside watching it.


Quite a snake, huh?


5 comments:

the Eggernest said...

This is such an adorable story... :) The good news, is that there are many many friendly snakes to play with, and even better news that those friendly little snakes are great for catching friendly little fish- I'M GAME!! Let's make a fishing date! :) Can't wait to come visit you next week, maybe I'll meet the slimy fellow myself. :)

Anonymous said...

You girls make me smile with your blogs- I love the snake and especially her heartsick self sitting outside mourning the release of her new friend. precious and priceless. Love from the west to you all, Aunt Mindy

Anonymous said...

ditto. love, auntie kris

Unknown said...

Did you tell Kori not to be sad...that the Spring showers will bring many, many more snakes up on the sidewalks for her to play with?!! Too, Too Cute!! Happy Birthday to you too!!!
Love you all bunches!!
Aunt Molly & Uncle Kevin

Miss Mindy said...

Oh my, Kori has officially broken my heart, Tracy! :(:(:(

LOVE this story!!!!!!