Thursday, January 18, 2007

Kids say the darndest things....

Okay so Kelley and I have kept saying "...we've gotta write down these crazy things the kids are doing!" but we never do. Until now. I'm going to start documenting, here, all the crazy things that our out-of-this-world-crazy kids do and say. Starting with Kori since this happened recently. I must apologize to anyone else reading this - it may only be funny to me!

Kori is a Mommy's girl thru and thru. Don't get me wrong she's got Daddy wrapped around her chubby little finger but there are certain things that only Mommy can do for her. Like wiping her butt, tucking her in, and getting her juice. Taking a bath is no exception.

Generally after a messy supper Kori goes straight to the bath tub. The routine is to play in the bath for a few minutes while the dinner table and kitchen get cleaned up then when I'm free I'll go wash her up. Well on this particular night not too long ago Kori decided she wanted out of the tub before I was finished cleaning up. I yelled in to her that Daddy would come wash her up and of course, she panicked.

Now please, picture this in your head. Kelley walks into the bathroom amidst a loud protest of shouting from the bathtub. Kori backs herself into the farthest corner of the tub holding her hands up as if to say "STOP" all the while yelling "No Daddy, Mommy will wash me up!! Mommy will do it!! NO DADDY!" I came in a minute later and walked over to the tub. I put my hands behind my back and Kelley puts his hands thru my arms and around the front of me pretending to act as my arms. He gropes for the soap and squirts a bunch in his hands and starts rubbing Kori down. All the while she's watching the hands with extreme confusion. Finally she grabs one, holds it up close then scrunches her little face up and says in her best toddler voice "Dat yur hands, Ma?" If you could only see her priceless expression that said something like ....I'm trying to remember if the last time you washed me up your hands were so rough or black......and is that Daddy hiding behind you?

So freakin' hysterical--I wish you could've been there.

4 comments:

the Eggernest said...

I love it. I wish I could've seen her face!

the Eggernest said...

I miss you. I can't wait until you are home, and only 15 minutes away. At home, here or there, with room to spare. At first I forget how much I get to see you, even though not ever enough.. and still, I can talk to you so much. When you are far away, I realize how much I miss all of you (I love you all, but Tracy, I really miss talking to you!) Regardless, the pictures are priceless, I love seeing them... and I love the blog, keep it coming. Spread my love, hugs, and kisses amongst yourselves :) I wish I could hand them out personally. Kyran is the only nephew that lets me kiss him half to death. I miss you whole bunches Kyran! And my little Kori, who I'm sad to say doesn't call me Aunt Me-Me anymore... darn it she's talkin'! Kruz is growing too fast for all of our liking, so keep the pix up to date, please!? Kel, I hope that you are healing with Gods speed, and have a speedy winning season :) ....come home soon please, I mean, c'mon, I'm lonely as all get out...geez.
xoxoxo
much love, Meg

Amy Howard said...

Trace, that IS histerical. I love this blog...I sitting here in the gray cubicle jungle at Nationwide eating my Lean Cuisine (yuck) and had a hunch to check your blog to see if there was any stuff...I laughed out loud when I read that story :)

Karen said...

Oh my gosh, that is so funny. That might have won you some big money on funnies videos. That is the laugh that I needed today. Thanks so much for sharing all those moments that we are missing with you so far away. Karen