Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Annual Zoo Trip

This past Monday was the annual Zoo trip with The Crew. No, not the Columbus Crew. The Otterbein 'Crew'. Between the 5 of us we've got 10 kids and that includes Miss Pepper - the only smart one that hasn't added any children to the posse yet. (...yet). The above picture has 8 of the 10 children. On the left is Kyran, Grace, Rachel, Kruz, Emma, Kori, Tyson, and Laine kneeling in the front. Missing are the babies, Trevor and Jaxon.
Here's Natalie and Trisha pretending they weren't wishing this was just a girls trip that consisted of pedicure's, margarita's, and no kids.
.....and Chantal and I thinking the same thing.
Soon our annual trip to the Zoo will evolve as the kids age. Hopefully to Water parks and roller coasters and no more screaming for carousel and train rides or for face paint and jungle gyms. Or for petting snakes and holding Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches and changing dirty diapers in crowded under-cleaned public bathrooms.
The Crew has been together since 1994 when we all were freshmen at Otterbein College. We've seen each other go from unsure newcomers to best friends, bridesmaids, wives, and Mommy's. We've made some memories that still to this day make me cry and laugh and laugh until I still cry. I love you girls. You've been a part of my life since the age I first realized I was actually living.

4 comments:

the Eggernest said...

Ah, yes..THE AFTERLIFE.
Indeed a wonderful place to find yourself all grown up.
Looks like all had fun- and no worries, one day it will be pedicures, margaritas- no kids: but talk of their wives or husbands (whether you like it or not), and your grandbabies (real or hypothetical).

Anonymous said...

Wow it was fun seeing your friends and all thier kids- my goodness! Times do change! It's great to have life long friends- hang on tight! Mindy

Anonymous said...

the pix & updates of all the kids & your pals were great to read, thanx for sharing! love, auntie kris

MoMo's Creations said...

Aww! Great to see pics of the girls! It's probably been 10 years since I've actually seen them all in person! It's a wonderful thing that you are all still so close!! I miss my girls often and love when I'm in Ohio to visit them!! I can only imagine the thoughts of wishing for pedicures and margarita's instead of taking your own "zoos" to the zoo!! You're always welcome to leave them w/ me for an afternoon!!
(I did say afternoon!!)
Love you All to pieces!!
Aunt Molly