Saturday, July 18, 2009

Kendall is 8 months old!


The time is just flying by. It seems like just last week that I posted her 7 month shots.

Here she is showing off her fabulous gap between her top teeth!
Kruz wanted to pose with her so badly, but she's just too mobile to sit still these days!

This is her in the middle of her 'shriek of happiness'!


Oooh, finally got one of her sitting still!
I can't believe she's already 8 months old. She's crawling everywhere, making mad, bee-line bolts for the refrigerator or front door every time they get opened. She can stand and keep her balance for a few seconds without holding on to anything and can step from side to side all along the couch. I figure stepping out on her own is in the very near future. Kori walked at 9 months and Kruz at 10 so Kendall will probably be early too.

With the knowledge that she's the last child comes the longing to keep her her small, cuddly, sweet self. I ponder more often now than I did with the others how devastating it will feel to be told "I hate you!" when she's a teenager. Even though I never said that to my mother I do remember thinking it. But even that doesn't make me feel better.

Before we know it, she'll be turning one. Kori and Kruz want to plan her party at Fort Rapids. Sounds a bit selfish to me....
As for me, I think I'll be content to not think about her first birthday just yet.


1 comment:

the Eggernest said...

Just tonight V and I were upstairs playing 'point to faces' with a couple of large collage frames that I made years ago.. YEARS ago.. One pic he recognized Neh-Neh (Nana) and baby Kyran, in that adorable tie-dye onesie, when he was gheesh, not even ONE yet?! Anyhow, it made me realize that one day V is going to be looking me straight in the face, as tall as me... Enjoy her while she's cuddly, and same with your other three. :) xoxoxo