Sunday, March 4, 2007

Higher Expectations



Have you ever dreamed of Disneyland or even for us Ohioans Cedar Point or Kings Island but instead your parents take you to the carnival at Wal-Mart? Yesterday we awoke to the Police banging on our door telling us to move the car, there was to be no parking on the street that day. They patrolled our street for a few hours making sure no one parked - we assumed the street sweepers were going to come by. Some time later I'm sitting with Kruz on the couch and I hear what sounds like some punk driving by with his bass too loud except maybe it's parked outside the house, the sound isn't disappearing. After it finally registers that the noise is still there I go and look out the window. Lo and behold there's a marching band down the street. It's coming towards our street but then turning the opposite direction from our house. It was confusing because it was only a marching band. Nothing else. And in the rain, no less. Why are they marching and why did the cops clear our end of the street when the band didn't even march by????

About an hour and a half later we hear the band coming again so we all run to he window. This time tho, it's a different band, right outside the house and behind it is a parade. Well, sort of...... Take a look at some of the photo's I snapped. This is where the Disneyland/Wal-Mart carnival comparison comes into play. The kids didn't care - they were getting free candy! It made me miss the Rose Bowl Parade and the Turkey Day parades.

Hmmmm, not even Wal-mart would add them to the carnival!

Check out the habits these nuns are wearing. The front is wearing stiletto's and a garter. The next one...those are her bare legs!What the...?!?!That boy is staring me down. I guess I wouldn't want my picture taken either if I were twirling a baton in a girls dance group.Go ahead "Homies"!They are all holding bottles of beer.Okay......Mr. Horskey would kill us for having a conversation while we're supposed to be marching!! These two were talking so loud you could hear them over the music. Haha!Uhh....XYZ! The cows are out! The barn door is open!!And the kids are supposed to enjoy this?How are they supposed to sleep tonight?!?!Tree Boy....On rollerblades!This reminds me of someone I know....This band of misfits played so well. The parade backed up and they ended up playing for about 5 minutes right in front of us. Made me want to pick up a tuba again!Which Wild West did these cowboys come from?And what's wrong with their horses?

Scary or just weird?

No comments: